Friday, August 21, 2009

The Third Tower Up From the Road: A Compilation of Colums from McSweeny's Internet Tendency's Kevin Dolgin Tells You About Places You Should Go

The Third Tower Up From The Road: A Compilation of Columns from McSweeny's Internet Tendency's Kevin Dolgin Tells You About Places You Should Go by Kevin Dolgin was a fascinating book, which mostly was a collection of previously published travel columns as stated in the title. Kevin Dolgin does an excellent job of not reiterating information that most readers can find through a good google search or any particular travel guides to the areas, but discusses his experiences with the areas, while in the mean time giving tips on what to see and what to avoid. His tips are based on experiences he has had while traveling to these places. As a person without a lot of money it was good to feel as though I lived vicariously through his travels around the world. I loved his experiences, and reading about others makes me think that I can really search out my own around the world, and with very little effort create a more memorable trip than the average tourist. I especially liked reading his stories about the Island where his wife's family is from, Corsica, because Kevin really demonstrated that an adventure can be had right at home, in your own backyard, and you can still sleep in your bed at home. While I do not know if I will become a devout blog reader of his, (my success at blog reading is the same as my success of writing blogs) I can say if he ever publishes another collection I will look forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment