Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stitches

Stitches by David Small is my first ever read of a Graphic Novel. It was recommended by a woman at a both at the ALA. The book, the copy I have is an ARC (Advance Reader Copy) and the actual book's release date is not listed on Amazon. -- this has changed since I started this post. The date of Release is now September 8th. I didn't know what to expect, except the person who told me about the book told me to have the Kleenex ready. I didn't have the Kleenex ready but was really in shock when I finished the book, but it was much the way I expected the author felt, when he first lived the events of the memoir. I feel as though we are the privileged audience reading something that was written for someone privately. I think it was an amazing piece of work, and while it did not turn me on to the field of graphic novels, it certainly helped to open my mind to the possibility of a great graphic novel, and a once and a while quick read. I found the book to be very fast moving, and I think that helped to contribute to the level of shock at the end of the book. I find that the speed of the book really set the tone for the book also. I think David Small did a great job with his first book, and I will look for him in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment